Short courses sponsored by DoReMi
DoReMi is a Euratom-funded Network of Excellence set up to promote and integrate European research into the risks of exposure to low doses of ionising radiation. In addition, DoReMi will facilitate and promote training and education in support of the research programme within the project, and also make more widely available training opportunities in order to help attract top-level students into the field.
Following the successful series of short courses sponsored by DoReMi in 2011, a further six courses of 2-3 weeks duration on single topics related to the research programme will be held in 2012.
The courses to be held in 2012 are:
- February 13 to March 2: Radiation epidemiology and radioecology. HMGU, Neuherberg, Germany
- 5 March to 16 March: Radiation‐induced effects with particular emphasis on genetics, development, teratology, cognition as well as space‐related health issues. SCK-CEN, Mol, Belgium.
- 16 April to 27 April: Cellular effects of low doses and low dose-rates with focus on DNA damage and stress response. SU, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 16 - 27 April 2012: Interdisciplinary Radiation Research Focussing on Low Doses. BfS, Neuherberg, Germany.
- 30 April to 13 May: Training course in molecular mechanism of radiation carcinogenesis. HMGU, Neuherberg, Germany
- 28 May - 8 June: Modelling radiation effects from initial physical events. UNIPV, Pavia, Italy.
There will be no course fee. There will also be some limited support for accommodation costs from some of the participating institutions.
DoReMi Training Courses will be open to any postgraduate student or researcher interested in a research career in the scientific disciplines related to radiation protection. In the student selection, priority will be given to students coming from DoReMi partner organisations and from EU member states. Students outside EU can be accepted if there is space. The admission will be decided case by case.
For details on the courses, how to apply, application deadlines, and accommodation support, please go to the DoReMi web site: http://www.doremi-noe.net/training_and_education.html
|< Prev||Next >|